BODH Direct #2 (5/1/20) May 1, 2020 16:32:29 GMT -6
Post by Gfdgsgxgzgdrc on May 1, 2020 16:32:29 GMT -6
Hello to all, and helscome the second BODH Direct! As you may know, I have been working on a feature-length film script for a BODH movie (pretty much like a regular episode, but way longer and cooler). Today I'll be revealing some information about it, starting with the title. That's right — previously the title was reported to be "The Broternal Order of Different Helmets Movie", but this is no longer the case. The movie's true title is...
Here is a bulleted list of vague details about The Broternal Movie: Order vs. Chaos so you'll know what to expect.
- Comedy. Action. Tragedy. Time travel. Alternate universes. Epic battles. Helmets. It has everything you could ask for from a Broternal Order script. There's a reason it's not just another episode — the stakes are higher than ever before. Order vs. Chaos is the culmination of all things BODH. It has a darker tone than most episodes due to its high-stakes subject matter, but fear not, for it is sprinkled with tons of jokes. Tons of jokes.
- I tried to include some moments of pure awesome, when you get chills and goosebumps and smile uncontrollably, as well as moments of dread and terror, when you gasp as something doesn't go quite right, and even moments of shock and confusion, when your expectations are turned on their head and you have no idea what happens next. I mean, you probably won't have that much of a reaction, but that's what I'm aiming for, at least.
- While my main focus was writing a huge, hilarious, fun-filled spectacle, I also tried to put a bit more focus on character arcs, which is something previous episodes have been lacking (which isn't a complaint, by the way). Don't worry, it won't be that boring.
- Order vs. Chaos sets up a ton of things for the future, and drastically alters the course of history. The universe will never be the same. My goal is to create two distinct eras: before and after the movie. Speaking of which, the ending is... interesting, to say the least. I'm looking forward to reading your reactions.
- I know I wrote this myself, but I'm not a great writer, so I have some complaints, and I might as well share them so you know what to expect. My main complaints about the movie are 1) it can take itself a bit too seriously at times, and 2) it doesn't feel very cohesive. There's a ton of amazing moments, but it's really just that; a collection of moments, tied together by a simple plot. I wish I had done more planning in the early stages, but it's too late for that now. For example...
- Recently I had to cut an entire storyline I wrote. It wasn't very important, but it was taking up half the movie and annihilating the pacing. Unfortunately, this storyline also contains some of the movie's best scenes and jokes, so, fortunately, I will be releasing it as a separate episode alongside the movie.
- As of this writing, the movie is around 3,426 lines long (including stage directions and such). For reference, season 2 episode 9 "The Many Ghosts of Mr. Jimley" has around 1,096 lines. If this movie was real, it would be over three hours long (four if you include the storyline I cut). So yeah, I guess I got a bit carried away. Sorry.
- The script will include thumbnail images (hidden in expandable boxes to prevent your eyes from being drawn to them too soon) and explanation boxes (for those who don't know or remember obscure references to previous episodes). Also, I think it's worth noting that the other day I drew one of the coolest things I've ever drawn, and it's the very second image of the movie.
- A week or so after the initial theatrical release (i.e. putting the transcript on the wiki), I'll make a DVD (i.e. some more pages on the wiki). Click the links to read bonus features, like the commentary and deleted scenes!
- Since the movie is so close to being finished, all scripts starting with The Strife and Times of Juniper Tree should take place after the movie, to avoid contradictions and continuity errors. And try not to start too many scripts or include drastic changes until the movie comes out (although I doubt that'll be a problem considering our inactivity). Sorry for the inconvience, but it'll probably be worth it! (After the movie is released, Juniper and Happy 8600 will become "official" members, with their own forum emoticons and everything.)
- I'd like to have all in-progress episodes finished before I release the movie, if that's possible. Because 1) then the series will be complete for the first time since ever, and 2) I want to set up some things for the movie in some currently unfinished episodes. It's an unrealistic goal, but it would be nice.
- Best of all... the full trailer (not the teaser trailer) is coming in exactly two weeks, on May 15th! And even better, it will reveal the hopefully long-awaited release date of the movie!